Ermilova Anna Vyacheslavovna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of general sociology and social work, Lobachevsky University of Nizhny Novgorod (23 Gagarina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The development and functioning of society consists in the modernization of various spheres of human life, the purpose of which is to ensure sustainable development of the state. However, modernization processes do not always contribute to the elimination of social problems, but, on the contrary, may contribute to a situation of chaos and instability. In this regard, the aim of the study is to identify the specifics of risk distribution in the international community and to determine the prospects for their layering and multiplication in modern Russia.
Materials and methods. The goal of the research was achieved on the basis of the concept of risk by W. Beck, as well as on the basis of the author’s own researches conducted with the help of a questionnaire on the following topics: “Perception of young people of the third age: the sociological aspect” (N = 307 people), “Regional specificity of volunteering” (N = 290 people), “Family and youth in modern society” (N = 180 people), “Divorce through the eyes of a child: the sociological aspect” (N = 200 people).
Results. The peculiarities of risk distribution in modern society in the course of transformation of various spheres of population life are revealed. The influence of globalization processes, modifications of economic and political systems of different states on the process of emergence and change of risks, on the one hand, and, on the other hand, boomerang effect of these processes leading to complication, layering and redistribution of risks in the modern society is shown, which as a result leads to the effect of risk multiplication both on a global scale and in our country. Issues of age and gender specificity of risk distribution in social and labor relations and in the family are raised.
Conclusions. Modern society is transforming into a community of risk as a result of modernization of various spheres of society. The most negative aspects of modernization can and have already been revealed in the spheres of social-labour and family-marital relations, which is facilitated by the process of risk multiplication.
1. 10 innovatsiy v meditsine, kotorye budut dostupny v 2018 godu [10 innovation in medicine that will be available in 2018]. Available at: https://innovationhouse.org.ua/ru/statti/10-ynnovatsyj-v-medytsyne-kotorye-budut-dostupny-v-2018-godu/ (accessed Febr. 02, 2019). [In Russian]
2. Dzhagityan E. P. Makroprudentsial'noe regulirovanie bankovskoy sistemy kak faktor ekonomicheskoy stabil'nosti: monografiya [Macroprudential regulation of the banking system as a factor of economic stability: monograph]. Moscow: Yurayt, 2019, 215 p. [In Russian]
3. Zen'kovich E. V. Pravovye aspekty protivodeystviya legalizatsii (otmyvaniyu) dokhodov, poluchennykh prestupnym putem, i finansirovaniyu terrorizma na rynke tsennykh bumag : ucheb.-prakt. posobie [Legal aspects of counteracting legalization (laundring) of illegally obtained funds and financing terrorism in stock market: tutorial]. Moscow: Volters Kluver, 2011, 160 p. [In Russian]
4. Bek U. Obshchestvo riska. Na puti k drugomu modernu [Society of risk. On the way to another modernity]. Transl. from German by V. Sedel'nikov, N. Fedorova; afterw. A. Filippov. Moscow: Progress-Traditsiya, 2000, 384 p. [In Russian]
5. Giddens E. Sud'ba, risk i bezopasnost' [Fate, risk and safety]. Available at:
http://riskprom.ru/TemaKtlg/RiskSociety/eh_giddens_sudba_risk_bezop_1991.pdf (accessed Febr. 02, 2019). [In Russian]
6. Yanitskiy O. N. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social sciences and modern times]. 2011, no. 6, pp. 155–164. [In Russian]
7. Reyting ekonomicheski razvitykh stran [Rating of economically developed countries]. Available at: https://visasam.ru/emigration/vybor/ekonomika-stran-mira-2.html (accessed Febr. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
8. Ozhirenie – global'naya problema sovremennogo obshchestva [Obesity – a global problem of modern society]. Available at: http://cgon.rospotrebnadzor.ru/content/62/2977/ (accessed Febr. 02, 2019). [In Russian]
9. Pensionnaya reforma. Khronika sobytiy. Eksperty ob"yasnili snizhenie pensionnogo vozrasta v Italii [Pension reform. Chronicle. Experts explained lowering of the retirement age in Italy]. Available at: https://www.mk.ru/economics /2019/01/29/ekspertyobyasnili-snizheniepensionnogo-vozrasta-v-italii.html (accessed Febr. 15, 2019). [In Russian]
10. Risk: issledovaniya i sotsial'naya praktika [Risk: research and social practice]. Execut. ed. A. V. Mozgovaya. Moscow: Institut sotsiologii RAN, 2011, 256 p. [In Russian]
11. Ermilova A. V. Materialy Vserossiyskoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii «Praktiki zaboty v sovremennom obshchestve» (g. Saratov, 21 dek. 2016 g.) [Proceedings of an All-Russian scientific and practical conference “Care practices in modern society”]. Saratov: Saratovskiy istochnik, 2017, pp. 93–100. [In Russian]
12. Kosharnaya G. B., Shchanina E. S. Vlast' [Power]. 2006, no. 8, pp. 31–36. [In Russian]
13. Ermilova A. V. Sovremennye sotsial'nye problemy truda i trudovykh otnosheniy: materialy konf. «Pervye sotsiologicheskie chteniya pamyati Vladimira Aleksandrovicha Yadova » (g. Sankt-Peterburg, 14–15 dek. 2015 g.) [Modern social problems of labor and labor relations: proceedings of a conference “First sociological readings commemorating Vladimir Alexandrovich Yadov (Saint-Petersburg, December 14th–15th, 2015)”]. Saint-Petersburg, 2016, pp. 428–437. [In Russian]
14. Ivanov S. F. Global'nye tendentsii brachnosti i razvodimosti [Global trends of marriage and divorce]. Available at: http://www.demoscope.ru/weekly/2013/0565/analit01.php (accessed Febr. 15, 2019). [In Russian]
15. Besplodnykh zhenshchin v Rossii stanovitsya vse bol'she, govorit statistika [According to statistics, there are more and more infertile women in Russia]. Available at: http://www.meddaily.ru/article/03Apr2018/pikendometr (accessed Febr. 19, 2019). [In Russian]
16. Ni v Dumu, ni v chistoe nebo [Neither to the Duma, nor to the clear sky]. Available at: https://www.gazeta.ru/business/2017/02/20/10535801.shtml (accessed Febr. 15, 2019).
17. Ermilova A. V. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo. Ser.: Sotsial'nye nauki [Bulletin of Lobachevsky University of Nizhny Novgorod]. 2015, no. 1, pp. 115–120. [In Russian]